Respect is something that many people in the world don’t have a lot of. Just to say to blatantly clear- in order to gain respect you must deliver the same character to those whom you wish to have respect from.
Take a look at some of the most well-respected humans out there. They have all done something to earn the respect they get. You can too, if you keep an eye out on how you live your life day-to-day.
Below I’ve listed several questions you should ask yourself and see. If you can answer yes to all of these questions people most likely respect you. If you answer no to any of them you might want to rethink your game a bit.
1) Do you follow through on the promises you make?
2) Do you consciously stay out of office drama and petty small talk?
3) Do you own up to your mistakes and apologize for wrong doings?
4) Do you have the courage to stand up for what you believe in, even if others around you give you a hard time about it or try to influence you in a negative way?
5) Do you treat yourself and others with respect?
6) Are you considerate of other people’s time?
7) Are you honest, even when lying feels like an easy way out?
8) Are you loyal in your personal and professional relationships?
9) Are you true to the core, no matter who shines a light shines on you, or what setting you’re in?
10) Are you considered a positive role model or leader?
All of these questions should help put things into perspective for where you stand on the level of respect people have for you. Those who work hard, stay loyal, display a range of moral integrity, and take care of their own responsibilities without winding and whining- are people who deserve a great deal of respect.
Image via We Heart It