While weighing out your options to make the most logical choice to the best of your ability sometimes you may find that it is much more difficult than one would initially suspect it to be. Usually the most obvious choice is the one we avoid and the one that takes less courage and provides more comfort is the one we go with. Is this really the best choice though? Probably not.
So the question is, how can you simplify your decision-making process while still following your heart even if that means building up the courage to do so? Tricky, I know.
My dad always taught me to write the pros and cons to each choice then when you’re done, look at both sides and which ever one has the most “pros” is the one you should go with. Now, what if the choice with all the pros and with few cons is the most strategic one? This is usually always the case, or so it is for me. This is how you can simplify the process making it easy to decide on the best possible option for your life and for the good nature of your well-being.
1. Meditate first thing in the morning, after you wake up and for about 10-15 quiet minutes. Visualize yourself having what you want, looking how you want, achieving your dreams.
2. Take a long aromatic shower (hot or cold water, which either makes you feel the most comfortable, ironically).
3. Run for 20-30 minutes run outside to a mood-suiting playlist.
4. Journal: see your options and thoughts down on paper. Write them out while clearing your mind all at the same time.
5. Avoid asking too many people their opinion on whatever it is you’re trying to decide on. It’s easy to let the opinion on others get in the way of what you truly want. Many of us have to learn this the hard way…
Images via We Heart It