No matter how many years of life you are celebrating, there are some essential things to do before your big day! Starting fresh can give you a little extra pep in your step. There is nothing better than starting a fresh new age with a clean slate and good vibes. My Birthday is on August 21. I am writing this as my birthday approaches later this week. As I clean up my apartment, burn sage, pay off my credit card, and set goals for what I want to achieve in this next year, I figured I would share this fun exercise with all of you so that you too can make all the proper preparations for a fabulous birthday.
For the last few weeks, I was having some serious Birthday Blues. I was in a slight funk. Nothing major. I just want not feeling very motivated or enthusiastic about anything. This could also have to do with the current social and economic climate we are living in due to COVID-19. It’s quite the pan-dammit alright. My mother reminded me that I get like this every year before my birthday. SO there’s that.
The whole getting older thing isn’t always a delight, but I must say, right now, I feel better than I have in a very long time. I have everything I need and more to live a happy and healthy life. I have many projects I’m working on, a steady income, and loving people by my side. I like to believe that if there is anything a person can to improve, they should absolutely do that.
If you have a birthday coming up soon, do these 20 things to help you shake up and clear out any bad vibes so that you can start the next year of your life in a positive way.
- Clean and sage your apartment.
- Wash your car, bedding, rugs, and clothes in the hamper
- Let go of anything that gets in the way of becoming your best self (bad habits such as excessive drinking, smoking, hanging out with bad friends, poor eating habits, etc.).
- Start exercising every day for at least 1 hour.
- Do a full-body detox to rid your body of any harmful toxins. (Try HYLEY’S Tea)
- Spend time with people who lift you up and help you grow.
- Write out your top ten goals of what you want to accomplish before your next birthday.
- Address your problems and fears head-on (let go of your need to people please, write that book you’ve been putting off, start journalling, create something bold from the heart).
- Pay off any outstanding debt that you can currently afford to clear off the table.
- Forgive yourself and let go of any worries or doubts you have about yourself or the future.
- Clear your aura by unblocking your chakras (do this by an outdoor meditation in the water under the sun for 1 hour).
- Practice good hygiene and grooming.
- Create a garden or plant new flowers.
- Do a social media audit of all your accounts and clean up any content that is no longer aligned with your core beliefs or poses a positive reflection of who you are and what you stand for.
- Create a new uplifting playlist.
- Finish the book you’ve been reading.
- Create new content for your social media pages (go take and edit fresh photos and videos to share).
- Follow up on any outstanding or flagged emails.
- Make a vision board of everything you want to manifest in the next 365 days.
- Remind yourself of what you are most grateful for, even the simplest of things. Share that gratitude with those close to you and whom you appreciate for all their love and support.