There are an estimated one billion users on Instagram, and according to a recent survey, internet users are spending an average of two hours per day on social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Marketing on social media can be super affordable if you do it right. The trick is putting a reliable and effective strategy in place that can help a company or brand grow organically.
Here are ten ways to help you grow your Instagram account.
- Have a clear profile bio
- Post quality content consistently (1-2 times per day)
- Step up your hashtag game by using the max amount of allowed hashtags (currently the limit is 30 on Instagram). Also, post your hashtags in your comment section and not in your captions to create a clean look.
- Collaborate with other accounts to attract new followers. This is a win-win for everyone involved.
- Post videos. People love content that moves and feels personalized.
- Engage with your audience by liking and commenting on their posts, replying to their comments, and replying to their messages quickly.
- Create unique captions that stand out. Think of it as if you’re texting with the person in mind that the post is marketed towards. Humor is a fun angle. Remember that keeping it light is more appealing, but don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and raw and share real experiences on social media to connect on a deeper level with your audience.
- Use Instagram Stories and post to it. Frequently throughout the day. The lifespan of Instagram stories is only 24 hours.
- Don’t overdo it with your photo filters. Too many filters can make your photos look amateurish and unappealing.
- Tag your locations so people who are interested in your content or business can locate you.